History of Red Wing Stoneware and Red Wing Pottery

Our legacy goes back to 1877, when the first stoneware company was formed in Red Wing, at the sharpest navigable bend in the mighty Mississippi River. Our young country needed crocks, jugs, and sewerpipe, and Goodhue County had the clay deposits and an immigrant workforce to start producing millions of pieces of functional stoneware.   Read more . . .